Conditions of the competition for solo performance with orchestra and the prize of the Znojmo Music Festival
Each participant of the LŠBH solo class has the opportunity to enter the internal competition for a performance with a baroque orchestra if he/she meets the following conditions:
- Instrumentalists: 1 movement from any solo concerto from the High Baroque period (preference will be given to competitors playing a piece by G. F. Händel or J. S. Bach) – all with orchestral accompaniment.
- The instrumentalists will perform playing on a period instrument or its replica. The competition cannot be performed on a modern instrument!
- Singers: Any sacred arias from the High Baroque period (preference will be given to competitors singing an aria by G. F. Händel or J. S. Bach)
- The total length of the selected competition piece must not exceed the time limit of 4 minutes. If a competitor fails to meet this limit and significantly exceeds it, he/she may be interrupted during the performance and disqualified from the competition.
- All competitors will perform their program accompanied by harpsichord only.
- The competition is not open to any performer who has placed in one of the winning positions in the previous 3 years.
- To participate in the competition please fill in the relevant fields in the LŠBH application form
IMPORTANT: Please attach complete sheet music of the selected competition piece, i.e.: solo part, orchestral part and score to the competition application form (to be handed in at the courses). Incompleteness or non-delivery of the sheet music may be a reason for exclusion from the competition – you can consult with the lecturer or conductor Roman Válek how to obtain the materials.
Maximum orchestral accompaniment for the solo performance:
Strings, basso continuo (harpsichord/portable organ, violoncello, double bass, alternatively bassoon), or else trumpet, recorder, flute or oboe. Other instruments (horns, trombones, clarinets, etc.) will not be available!
A binding application form with a detailed repertoire will be handed in on the spot no later than Sunday 7thAugust at 8 p.m.
The lecturer may nominate a limited number of candidates from each solo class who will perform their competition performance on Monday 8th August 2022.
Evaluation and winners:
Expert committee consisting of lecturers and representatives of Znojmo Music Festival will score all competitors. Three categories are assessed:
- Technical performance of the composition
- Artistic impression and presentation
The winners will be chosen taking into account the diversity of program.
The winners of the competition will be announced about 30 minutes after the end of the competition and the next day they can start rehearsals with the orchestra.
The winners of the competition are entitled to perform with the orchestra at the final concerts within the LŠBHand also to the contractual entitlement to a salaried solo recital within the 19th year of the Znojmo Music Festival in July 2023.